Questions on career typically come up during family gatherings and festive seasons. Sometimes, we might get away with a brief explanation about our jobs while other times, we might receive more curious questions. For individuals in the marketing and advertising scene, job titles with terms such as "biddable media", "programmatic" or "activation" might be mind boggling to those who aren't in the industry.
With Chinese New Year just around the corner, MARKETING-INTERACTIVE reached out to industry players of varying levels of seniority to find out how they explain what exactly it is they do to their relatives and some hilarious misconceptions their relatives might have about their role.
Click on each picture to watch a video!
1. Alvin Su, biddable channel manager at GroupM Indonesia
2. Melissa Lim, digital transformation consultant at Happy Marketer, a Merkle company
3. Kamal Albitar, quality assurance executive creative at Mediabrands Malaysia
4. Stephanie Gascon, customer success operations manager at Nugit
5. Ervan Nugroho, performance specialist at OMG Indonesia
6. Irene Foo, head of strategic segments, activations and partnerships at TIME dotCom
#ExplainIt: What's a game changing trend? [Video]
#ExplainIt: How can brands stay afloat in a sea of festive ads? [Video]
#ExplainIt: What does the future of PR look like? [Video]
#ExplainIt: Is there a need for a chief metaverse officer? [Video]
#ExplainIt: Your cancel culture crisis toolkit [Video]